Topic-Measuring the Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic among Health Care Workers.
Policy analysis is a key method for making recommendations and influencing policymakers. The analysis provides informed advice and includes a recommendation for policy and an action plan for change. The arguments should be well constructed, persuasive, and evidence based.
Rough Draft to include the following 1-2 pages:
- Problem Statement: Describe the problem, and state why it is important. You may set up the problem in the form of a question to include the criteria for solving the problem.
Example: How can we increase uptake of the flu vaccine among the elderly population?
- Policy Background: Describe the problem in context including policy efforts to date.
- Policy Landscape: Who are the key stakeholders? Describe the research and the evidence. Consider social, political, economic, and practical factors.
- Policy Options: Discuss the various options to consider. What are the pros and cons? What organizations may be aligned with one option or another? Discuss the trade-offs,
risks, and benefits.
- Policy Recommendation: Articulate a best policy. Support the recommendation with facts, and describe why it is the best policy in view of any trade-offs.
- Thabault, P. (2020). Health policy and advocacy (PDF). Norwich University.
- American Nurses Association. (n.d.). Nurses serving in congress.
Visit the individual congressperson’s webpage identified above. How have they influenced health policy?
- Familiesusa. (n.d.). Advocacy toolkit.
While visiting the Advocacy Toolkit, think about what are the tools employed for policy change?