Research, review, and analyze Anti-Miscegenation Statutes in the United States and choose two relevant cases. Then, write a 4–5 page paper in which you:
- Analyze and evaluate each case independently by providing the following (about two paragraphs per case):
- Facts of the case.
- Compare and contrast both cases in regard to the Anti-Miscegenation Statutes.
- Analyze how this statute could have influenced Brown v. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483 (1954) and the Fourteenth Amendment.
- Explain the significance of this statute to the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Research cases, laws, and other legal communications using the “case” approach to the U.S. legal system to assess legal decisions.