Respond to the following short essay questions:
- What is the role of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in securing trade in maritime ports? What is the agency’s “current” maritime challenges? Additionally, how did the Homeland Security Act of 2002 change the structure of CBP? Be specific?
- What over-arching approach to security strategy is the Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) of 2002 employing? (This is not a straight cut and paste answer from the law. It will require your critical analysis of the Act and its’ applications/requirements). What is the over-arching purpose of the act?
- How do you see the Global Maritime Transportation system changing in the next decade? With this change what single security issue will be of universal concern and why? Will drones be that issue? Think globally with your response and NOT just within the US. Remember we are connected by a Maritime Global Commons.
- Your paper must be at a minimum of 6-9 pages, or 2-3 pages per question (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
- Scholarly and credible references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- All submissions will be graded using the assignment rubric.
- State the topic question, space and follow with your responses to that topic.